- Sales of CHF 41.0 billion, 7.5% organic growth, 4.8% real internal growth
- Trading operating profit of CHF 6.2 billion, margin of 15.1%; +20 basis points, +40 basis points in constant currencies
- Consumer facing marketing spend up 6.2% in constant currencies
- Underlying earnings per share up 5.2% in constant currencies
- Strong Swiss franc: major impact on consolidation, little effect on operational performance
- Full-year outlook: organic growth at top end of 5% to 6% range, combined with a margin increase in constant currencies
Vevey, 10 August 2011 – The Group reported organic growth of 7.5% and a trading operating profit margin of 15.1%, up 20 basis points reported, up 40 basis points in constant currencies, from that achieved by the continuing operations in the first half of 2010.
We continued to deliver growth both in emerging and developed markets, with organic growth of 5.7% in the Americas, 5.8% in Europe and 13.3% in Asia, Oceania and Africa. This performance reflects strong alignment and investment in our strategic growth priorities and brands to support our fast-flowing innovation pipeline. We also continued to step up our investment in R&D, factories and capabilities to support our growth in both emerging and developed markets.
Click here to read the full article